Hello Everyone! Welcome to a new day with a new list for us to discuss. You will want to sit tight through this list since it’s going to be a beefy one with lots of info.
Today’s list will be about famous anime voice actors (声優, seiyuu) that have performed in numerous anime series. Let’s leave the game voice actors for another day. In this list, we will try to cover some of the most iconic voices adapted by these actors. It might include your favorite ones too… who knows.
So, without further a due Let’s dig in to this list, Shall We?
Hiroshi Kamiya (born January 28, 1975), is a Japanese voice actor, singer, and narrator affiliated with Aoni Production.
He is best known for voicing the characters mentioned below who are loved by many:
- Levi Ackerman ( Attack On Titan )
- Trafalgar D. Law ( One Piece )
- Shinji Mato ( Fate Franchise )
- Ranpo Edogawa ( Bungou Stray Dogs )
- Yuzuru Otanashi ( Angel Beats! )
- Yato ( Noragami )
- Koyomi Araragi ( Monogatari Series )
And many more roles in video games as well. Hiroshi Kamiya won “ Best Lead Actor ” as well as “ Best Personality ” at the third Seiyuu Awards, “ Best Supporting Actor ” at the second Seiyuu Awards, and he even hosts a radio show named Dear Girl Stories with Daisuke Ono, another great voice actor who we will be discussing later.
Tomokazu Seki (born September 8th, 1972), is a Japanese voice actor, and singer. Tomokazu Seki previously worked with the Tokyo Actor’s Customer’s Cooperative Society briefly known as Haikyo.
Now, he is an honorary president and is affiliated with Atomic Monkey. He is also the Chairman of the theater company HeroHero HQ, as well as a special lecturer at Japan Newart college. In short, this man got his hands full. Some of the famous anime characters voiced by him include:
- Gilgamesh ( Fate / Stay Night )
- Rob Lucci ( One Piece )
- Kyo Sohma ( Fruits Basket )
- Kanji Tatsumi ( Persona 4 )
- Shinya Kogami ( Psycho-Pass )
- Ichiro Miyata ( Hajime no Ippo )
Seki is widely known for voicing characters possessing a comical side accompanied by their seriousness examples of such characters can be Sagara Sousuke in the Full-Metal Panic series, Kenichi Shirahama in Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi, and Toji Suzuhara in Neon Genesis Evangelion to name a few.
Risa Taneda (born July 12, 1988), is a Japanese voice actor and singer affiliated with Office Osawa Talent Agency. Taneda is also a member of the seiyuu idol unit Rodanthe* since 2013.
Some famous anime characters she voiced include:
- Xenovia Quarta (Highschool DxD New)
- Mirai Kuriyama (Beyond the Boundary)
- Rory Mercury (GATE)
- Erina Nakiri (Shokugeki no Souma)
- Rize Tedeza (Is the Order a Rabbit?)
- Sayumi Takanashi (When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace)
Taneda voiced her very first main role character, Saki Watanabe, in the anime series From the New World. She also performed the ending of Wareta Ringo and hosted the mini television program named The Chronicle of From the New World on TV Asahi Channel.
Kaito Ishikawa (born October 13, 1993), is a Japanese voice actor from Bunkyo, Tokyo. He is affiliated with Pro-Fit. In 2012 Ishikawa made his first debut in the anime Waiting in the Summer, and in April 2013 he played his first leading role in the anime series Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet. In 2014, he won the ” Best Rookie Actor Award “ at the 8th Seiyuu Awards.
Some of the anime characters that he voiced include :
- Minatsuki ( B The Beginning )
- Tokizake Sakai (Plunderer)
- Naofumi Iwatani ( Isekai Quartet 2/ The Rising Of the Shield Hero)
- Langris Vaude (Black clover)
- Sale ( JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind)
- Hekkeran Termite (Overlord)
- Sakuta Azusagawa (Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai)
- Kuki Urie (Tokyo Ghoul: Re)
- Genos (One Punch Man)
- Taguchi Rokuzou (Bungou Stray Dogs)
- Tenya Lida (My Hero Academia) and many others to fit in this list.
Yuki Kaji born (September 3, 1985), is a Japanese voice actor and singer affiliated with the agency VIMS. Kaji has voiced many notable characters in anime. One of the popular voices that he is known for would be none other than the suicidal maniac of the scout’s regiment, Eren.
- Eren Yeager (Attack on Titan)
- Lyon Vasita ( Fairy Tail)
- Issei Hyodo ( Highschool DxD)
- Shu Ouma (Guilty Crown)
- Alibaba (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)
- Zeldris (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Yukine (Noragami)
- Speed-O’Sound Sonic (One Punch Man)
- Finnian (Black Butler)
- Shoto Todoroki (My Hero Academia)
- Johnny Joestar (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven) and much more
In year 2009 he won the best rookie actor award in the 3rd Seiyu Awards, also he won the ” Best Voice Actor “ award two years consecutively in the 7th and 8th Seiyu Awards in 2013 and 2014.
Noriaki Sugiyama (born March 9, 1974), is a Japanese voice actor and narrator. Sugiyama is mostly notorious for his voice acting roles of :
- Uchiha Sasuke (Naruto)
- Uryu Ishida (Bleach)
- Shiro Emiya (Fate/Staynight and Fate Unlimited Blade Works).
And to name some of his other works we start with :
- Ryo Shimizaki (Mob Psycho 100)
- Kuromu (Bofuri)
- Vinsmoke Sanji (One Piece)
- Akihiro (Kimi to Boku 2)
- William T. Spears (Black Butler 2)
- England (Hetalia: Axis Powers)
- Blader DJ (Metal Fight Beyblade)
- Rivalz Cardemonde and Kento Sugiyama (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2)
Kenichi Suzumura (born September 12, 1974), is a Japanese actor and singer who is the founder and representative of INTENTION, A voice acting company he founded in March 2012. He won the “ Synergy Award ”, “ Best Radio Personality ” in the 2nd Seiyuu Awards, “Best Supporting Actor”, and “Best Radio Personality” in the 10th Seiyuu Awards.
Suzumura Voiced many characters including :
- Obanai Iguro (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba)
- Hikaru Hatchiin (Ouran Highschool Host Club)
- Atsushi Murasakibara (Kuroko’s Basketball)
- Leo Stenbuck (Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner)
- Sogo Okita (Gintama)
- Genzo Wakabayashi (Captain tsubasa: Road to 2002)
- Bartholome, Fuji, Steve (Beyblade)
- Kilik Lunge (Soul Eater)
Akira Ishida born (November 2, 1967), is a Japanese actor and voice actor. He was part of Mausu Promotion from 1988 till March 2009, when he moved to Peerless Gerbera.
For his portrayal of Saki Abdusha in You’re Under Arrest and Athrun Zala in Gundam Seed Destiny, he was chosen as the most popular voice actor in the Animage Anime Grand Prix in 2004, and won the Best Supporting Character (Male) award at the first Seiyuu Awards in 2007.
Some of his famous voices also include :
- Regulus Corneas (Re Zero: – Starting Life in Another World)
- Tsukasa Eishi (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fifth Plate)
- Gabriel Miller (Sword Art Online Alicization- War of Underworld)
- Rin Obami (Kakegurui XX)
- Cancer Cell (Cells at Work!)
Honestly, I can keep going on for days this legend of a man has over than 50 voices and that’s including anime only.
Rie Kugimiya (born May 30, 1979), is a Japanese voice actor and singer. She is best known for the following voices:
- Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist Series)
- Kagura (Gintama)
- Happy (Fairy Tail)
Due to her roles for characters such as Shana in Shakugan no Shana, Louise in The Familiar of Zero, Nagi Sanzenin in Hayate The Combat Butler, Taiga Aisaka in Toradora! and many more rules, her fans gave her the nickname “ Queen of Tsundere ”. Kugimiya is currently being represented by the talent agency I’m Enterpirse.
She was nominated for Best Actress in Leading Role in the first Seiyuu Awards for the role of Louise in The Familiar of Zero and Best Actress in Supporting Role for the role of Kagura in Gintama and jointly won Best Actress in a Supporting Role with Mitsuki Saiga at the second Seiyu Awards. Rie Kugimiya won Best Actress in the third Seiyuu Awards for the roles of Taiga Aisaka in Toradora! and her work in Nabari no Ou.
Some other anime characters she voiced include:
- Karin Kurosaki (Bleach)
- Nemu Kurotsuchi (Bleach)
- Ikuto Noguchi (Digimon Savers)
- Nena Trinity (Mobile Suit Gundam 00 series)
- Toramaru Utsunomiya (Inazuma Eleven)
- Sugar and Bian (One Piece)
- Anne (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
- Sukuna Gojou (K: return of Kings)
- Juzo Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul)
- 001 (DARLING in the FRANXX)
- Haumea (Fire Force) and many others.
Kazuhiko Inoue (born March 26, 1954), is a Japanese voice actor, actor, and narrator. He won “ Best Supporting Actor ” in the 3rd Seiyuu Awards. His notable works include :
- Kakashi Hatake in Naruto
- Gildarts Clive in Fairy Tail
Some of his most prominent works also include:
- Kars (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
- Joe Shimamura (Cyborg 009)
- Daryun (The Heroic Legend of Arslan)
- Kazukisu Hauer (Ergo Proxy)
- Shuichiro Keido (Guilty Crown)
- Oboro (Gintama)
- Gotou (Parasyte)
- Kuraha (Noragami)
- Roushi Youdani (Tokyo ESP)
- Willy Tybur (Attack on Titan) and many others
Takuya Eguchi (born May 22, 1987), is a Japanese voice actor and singer. Affiliated with 81 Produce. He has voiced a many lead roles in anime shows.
Below are some of the characters he voiced:
- Kazuya Kujo in Gosick
- Yoshiharo Sagara in The Ambition of Oda Nobuna
- Kon Hokaze in Ixion Saga DT
- Hachiman Hikigaya in My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong
Some more characters he did include: William Twining in Devils and Realist, Yuuji Terushima in Haikyuu!!, and Takeo Goda in My Love Story as well.
He won the Best New Actor Award at the 6th Seiyuu Awards and the Best Voice Actor in Newtype Anime Awards in 2015. Eguchi even launched a manga about his life called Eguchi Takuya no Gainen Planet in 2017, published on Kadokawa’s Dengeki girl’s Style online website.
Some other works of him include :
- Shuta Hayami (Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal)
- Taiyou Amemiya, Kenma Isozaki, Sakio Kotegawa (Inazuma Eleven GO)
- Shinji Koganei (Kuroko’s Basketball)
- Ducker (Sword Art Online)
- Kyoya Mitsurugi (Konosuba Series)
- Julius Euclius (Re Zero: Starting Life in Another World)
- Kaoru Hanayama (Baki)
- Soei (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime)
- Zepes Indu (The Misfit of Demon King Academy)
- Roy Castro (Hortensia Saga) and many more.
Mamoru Miyano (born June 8, 1983), is a Japanese actor, voice actor, and singer. He won the “Best Voice Actor” award at the 2008 Tokyo International Anime Fair. At the 2nd Seiyu Awards, he won “Best Lead Actor Award “ for his role as Setsuna F. Seiei in Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and as Hakugen Rikuson in Kotetsu Sangokushi.
Some of his other works also include : to name a few.
- Abidos the Third (Yu-Gi-Oh GX)
- Joe Fukairi (Crash B-Daman)
- Light Yagami (Death Note)
- Death the Kid (Soul Eater)
- Ling Yao (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
- Shirō Fubuki, Atsuya Fubuki, Tōru Kadomichi, Shirai Ikkaku, Izuno Yuu, John Jones, Yukihito Karasu, Astaroth, Cain Saito (Inazuma Eleven)
- Muu Alexius ( Magi: The Kingdom of Magic)
- Gilthunder (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Harada ( Death Parade)
- Sweet Mask ( One Punch Man)
- Osamu Dazai (Bungo Stray Dogs)
Daisuke Ono (born May 4, 1978), is a Japanese voice actor and singer. Daisuke Ono won the 4th and 9th Seiyuu Awards for ” Best Lead Actor “ for his roles Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler, Jotaro Kujo in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, and Shukuro Tsukishima in Bleach, as well the ” Best Personalities” award at the 9th Seiyu Awards.
Other notable roles of him also include :
- Erwin Smith (Attack On Titan)
- Drole (The Seven Deadly Sins)
- Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
- Jyushimatsu (Osomatsu-san)
- Shintaro Midorima (Kuruko’s Basketball)
- Subaru Asahina (Brothers Conflict)
- Hades Aidoneus (Kamigami no Asobi)
- Killer T Cell (Cells At Work!)
- Ushiromiya Battler (Umineko When They Cry)
Tatsuhisa Suzuki (born November 11, 1983), is a Japanese voice actor and singer affiliated with I’m Enterprise and Lantis. He is also a vocalist of the rock band Oldcodex under his stage name Ta_2.
Suzuki also hosts or has hosted several radio shows including BLOOD-R, Shuuei Academy Maiden Research Institute, Dengeki Taishou, and Mobile Cultural Broadcast A&G Suzuki Tatsuhisa Radio TIME.
Some of his works include :
- Zenon Zogratis (Black Clover)
- Ban (The Seven Deadly Sins)
- Anos Voldigoad (The Misfit of Demon King Academy)
- Wolf Haruto (Saint Seiya Omega)
- Shinichiro Tokizane (Blood-C)
- Linus (Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Gundalian Invaders)
Ami Koshimizu (born February 15, 1986), is a Japanese actress, voice actress, and singer. She was represented by Production Baobab until 2011. She has voiced many leading anime characters such as:
- Nadja Applefield (Ashita no Nadja)
- Leonmitchelli Galette Des Rois (Dog Days)
- Yumi Hoshino (KimiKiss: Pure Rouge)
- Takuto Hasegawa (Magician’s Academy)
- Hibiki Hojo (Suite PreCure)
- Nanaka Yatsushiro (Myself; Yourself)
- Himari Noihara (Omamori Himari)
- Sailor Jupiter (Sailor Moon Crystal)
- Mikumo Guynemer (Macross Delta)
- Nodoka Haramura (Saki)
- Tenma Tsukamoto (School Rumble)
- Holo (Spice and Wolf)
She won the award for Best Actress in a supporting role at the 1st Seiyu Awards for the role as Kallen Stadtfeld in Code Geass. She visited Anime Expo as a guest of honor to promote Kill la Kill as Ryuko Matoi.
She has also voiced in video games. She voiced Agnès Oblige in Bravely Default, Ibuki Mioda in Danganronpa, Mai Shiranui since KOF Sky Stage, Mist in Rune Factory, Rimurisu in Tears to Tiara, Rinka in the Atelier series, Rosa Ushiromiya in Umineko: When They Cry, Tsuruhime in Sengoku Basara, and Yukiko Amagi in Persona 4.
Romi Park (born January 22, 1972 ), is a Korean–Japanese actress, voice actress, and singer. Park graduated from the Toho Gakuen College of Drama and Music and studied Korean at the Korean Language Institute in Yonsei University.
Park has won numerous awards, including the ” Best Actress “ in a leading role for her portrayal of Nana Osaki at the Seiyuu Awards.
Park is known for her roles as tough, calm, and mature preteen or teenage boys who are often called prodigies in their fictional universes (for example, Tao Ren, Ken Ichijouji, Tōshirō Hitsugaya, Edward Elric, Kosuke Ueki, and Natsume Hyūga). Her female roles also fit the “tough/punk lady” archetype.
She has played voice roles in various anime including :
- Toushirou Hitsugaya (Bleach)
- Temari (Naruto)
- Ganta Igarashi (Deadman Wonderland)
- Pakunoda (Hunter x Hunter)
- Rei Batsubami (Kakegurui XX)
- Ragyou Kiryuuin (Kill la Kill)
Jun Fukuyama (born November 26, 1978), is a Japanese voice actor and singer who played Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass, Koro-Sensei in Assasination Classroom, Ichimatsu in Osomatsu-san, Yuta Togashi in Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions, Hero in Maoyu, Misaki Yata in K, Kimihiro Watanuki in xxxHOLiC and Joker in Persona 5.
Some other voices he’s known for include:
- Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler series)
- Bennu Kagaho (Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas)
- Akane Yanagi (Horimiya),
- Asahi Nakiri (Food Wars!)
- King (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Yahaba (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- Ango Sakaguchi (Bungo Stray Dogs)
- L’Arc Berg (The Rising of the Shield Hero)
- Leon (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime)
- Finral (Black Clover)
- Toneri Otsutsuki (Boruto)
- Cassim (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)
Kana Hanazawa (born February 25, 1989), is a Japanese actress, voice actress, and singer. She also won the “Best Supporting Actress ” award in the 9th Seiyuu Awards and won the “Best Voice Actress ” in 2015, 2017 (2nd place), and 2018 in the Newtype Anime Awards.
She is best known for:
- Nadeko Sengoku (Monogatari)
- Anri Sonohara (Durarara!!)
- Angel / Kanade Tachibana (Angel Beats!)
- Kuroneko / Ruri Gokō (Oreimo)
- Mayuri Shiina (Steins; Gate)
- Akane Tsunemori (Psycho-Pass)
- Kosaki Onodera (Nisekoi)
- Chiaki Nanami (Danganronpa)
- Kobato Hanato (Kobato)
- Rize Kamishiro (Tokyo Ghoul)
- Hinata Kawamoto (March Comes in Like a Lion)
- Ichika Nakano (The Quintessential Quintuplets)
Miyuki Sawashiro (born June 2, 1985), is a Japanese actress, voice actress, and narrator. She voiced Puchiko in the English Dubbed release of Leave it to Piyoko, making her the first and one of the few Japanese voice actors to have reprised a role in English in addition to the original Japanese performance.
She was affiliated with Mausu Promotion since the start of her voice acting career until August 2015 when she became affiliated with Aoni Production. She has played voice roles in a number of Japanese anime including :
- Bishamon (Noragami)
- Saeko Busujima (Highschool of the Dead)
- Mint (Galaxy Angel)
- Sinon (Sword Art Online)
- Izuna Hatsuse (No Game No Life)
- Amagi (Azur Lane)
- Ayane Yano (Kimi ni Todoke)
- Himeko Inaba (Kokoro Connect)
Ayane Sakura (born January 29, 1994 ), is a Japanese voice actress. She is affiliated with I’m Enterprise. She has performed theme and character songs for each series. Sakura won the Best Supporting Actress award at the 12th Seiyu Prizes.
Her roles included :
- Natsumi Koshigaya (Non Non Biyori)
- Secré Swallowtail (Black Clover)
- Ochaco Uraraka (My Hero Academia)
- Tsubaki Sawabe (Your Lie in April)
- Iroha Isshiki (My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected)
- Suzuka Dairenji (Tokyo Ravens)
- Yotsuba Nakano (The Quintessential Quintuplets)
- Hasuki Komai (Boarding School Juliet)
- Nao Tomori (Charlotte)
- Rinne (Pretty Rhythm: Rainbow Live)
- Ephnel (SoulWorker)
- Gabi Braun (Attack on Titan: The Final Season )
I left Ayane Sakura to be the last VA on the list on purpose. I would like to talk a little bit about the hate she has been receiving from fans(fans? Not really). She’s reportedly received threatening letters and even death threats.
*Spoilers alert* For those who aren’t aware, it started with the Gaby Braun uproar after she shot Sasha dead in Attack On Titan (The Final Season). A lot of the fan base now hates Gabi more than any other character in Anime. The hate on the character is somewhat acceptable, but threatening the voice actor of the character with death threats is beyond childish. What’s even worse is that AOT’s audience mostly includes mature people. So, why?!
WHO in their right mind would blame a VOICE ACTOR for doing her JOB?! If you do not like how a character is presented in a story, hate the character, not the actors or the people behind them.
With that being said, we conclude today’s article here. Hope you all enjoyed today’s list. If you like this type of content and want to see more let us know in the comment section below what kind of topics we should cover next.
Stay tuned for Part 2 of this topic where we’ll talk about video game VA’s. Stay safe during this pandemic, fellow Weebs & Otakus!